The Beagle Club of Queensland Incorporated is a breed club focusing on the purebred Beagle. Its mission is to support the development and welfare, and undertake the promotion of, the purebred Beagle within Queensland.
The core values of the club are:
- Development – The Club is committed to the development and exhibition of the purebred Beagle in Queensland.
- Support – The Club will support members of the Beagle Club of Queensland Incorporated in their endeavours to care for and provide an appropriate home for their Beagles. The Club will endeavour to encourage those who are exploring options for a Beagle to use a registered breeder or consider a rescue of a purebred Beagle.
- Fun – The Beagle is a fun dog and the Club values our members enjoying time with their Beagles. We are committed to providing activities for members and Beagle owners in Queensland to enjoy with their Beagles.
- Welfare – The Club will ensure it undertakes activities to support the welfare and care of Beagles across Queensland.
- Passion – The Club is passionate about promoting and supporting the purebred Beagle in Queensland.
The club addresses these values by providing a range of activities and products to its members and the public. These activities and products include:
- Breed displays across the state, including at the Royal Brisbane Exhibition (The “Ekka)
- Literature about the breed
- A rescue service focused on rehoming purebred Beagles
- Supporting welfare organisations to address issues such as the use of Beagles in laboratory testing and Beagles in puppy farms
- Conducting conformation shows to assist in the development of the breed
- Walks for Beagle owners and those interested in the breed
- Social events such as lure coursing
- A Facebook entity to enable Beagle owners and those interested in the breed to discuss the breed and matters relating to the breed
It is not mandatory for financial members to own a Beagle. The simply need to be interested in purebred Beagles and be willing to support the club in its mission.