- Beagle people are a special breed, though not recognised by the ANKC.
- Think everyone has dog crates in their living rooms.
- Have messy houses but their kennels are spotless.
- Can always find a catalogue or pedigree, but have no idea where their marriage certificate is.
- Have kids who know more about sex when they’re five than most people know when they’re forty and who regard “bitch” as a term of endearment .
- Drive either a truck, van or station wagon, never a sports car.
- Can never be reached on weekends, they’re at a dog show.
- Will drive 500kms, spend $100.00 on petrol, $100.00 on a motel and $150.00 on food, so they can bring home a $2.00 ribbon and a $6.00 trophy.
- Can get up at 5.00am to walk their beagles, can be at ringside dressed to kill at 7.00am, but have trouble making it to work on time.
- Will give up a $200,000.00 home in the suburbs to move to a shack on 10 acres with a $200,000.00 kennel block.
- Never miss the closing date for entries but pay the mortgage 10 days late.
- Use dog food bags as garbage bins and garbage bins as dog food bins.
- Talk on the phone for hours to a beagle friend in a language totally foreign to other people.
- Have family who think they’re crazy, neighbours who think they’re weird, but we all know that they’re just doggone